What's In A Name
by Pamela Wilfinger
The premiere episode of NBC's Mad About You this season dealt with the naming of the Buchman's first child.
Unfortunately (and I mean no offense to others with this name!!!), they chose a name that is sure to lead their daughter into numerous encounters of teasing in grade school - Mabel.
Mabel? In 1997?
There has GOT to be other names they could have chosen.
New parents have the tough job of finding the perfect name for their child. Authors and pet owners feel similar strains from this exercise.
But now, there are resources on the Web that can help you.
Do you want your children to have these popular names?
Or are you determined to go beyond these common choices?
Check out these sites for help:
- 1995 Washington baby names
- Avesta and Old Iranian Personal and Family names
- Baby Names
- Baby Names - boys and girls
- Baby Names!
- Baby Naming Hints
- BabyCenter | Baby Names
- Comprehensive Index on Baby Names
- Dawn's Baby Naming Hints - Perfect Baby Names
- Eponym: International Names
- Family.Com: Naming Babies
- First Names and What They Mean
- Name Nanny
- Parent Zone Names
- Popular Baby Names
- Selecting Attractive and Beneficial Baby Names
- Top Ten Bad Baby Names
- Utah Baby Namer
P. Wilfinger aka LdyEndless@aol.com
Brought to you by World Wide Information Outlet (WWIO) your source of FREEWare Content online. Located on the Internet at: http://certificate.net/wwio/